Viking offers a very large selection of pool cues from which to choose. Their cues are always visually striking and stylish. You really can’t go wrong with a Viking cue.
Viking cues have been made in Wisconsin for the last 50 years so they have a history of excellent construction. If you’re looking to own an American-made cue, Viking is a solid choice.
If you’ve never tried a Viking cue, we’ve got you covered with our video review and photos of the Viking A452 from every angle. It’s almost like trying it out for yourself!
This cue has a threaded rubber bumper and a white pearl inlays and rings set into East Indian Rosewood. It has a double-pressed Irish linen wrap. The forearm sees a return of the white pearl inlays and rings.
The joint is a 5/16 x 18. The V-Pro shaft comes standard and includes a Tiger Everest tip.
How It Actually Plays:
ViKore Shaft (13mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.75″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right between the 2.75″ and 3″ marks.
eXactShot Shaft (12.75 mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.25″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right at the 2.75″ mark.
The Viking A452 is definitely an older looking cue. Despite it’s unassuming looks, it plays great with ViKORE shaft and linen wrap. This IS your grandfather’s cue!
Tip: Everest® Laminated – Ferrule: Viking SUPER Ferrule, capped and threaded onto the shaft – Wrap: 100% Irish Linen – Shaft: ViKORE Hard Rock Maple (Aged 5 years) – Benefit: Extreme Control & Accuracy – Turnings: 9 to 11 turnings over 18 to 24 months – Taper: 12″ to 14″ Pro Taper – Finish: Ultra-violet Urethane 3 coat finish – Forearm: East Indian Rosewood – Joint: Stainless Steel, flat faced with a brass insert – Pin: Viking 5/16 x 18 Quick Release, Stainless Steel – ButtPlate: White Premium Pearl with Viking Logo 0 Bumper: Threaded Rubber – Warranty: Lifetime, including warpage