Viking cues are well known for the sheer variety of pool cue styles that they offer. Their cues are consistently eye-catching and very stylish. You can’t go wrong with a Viking.
Made in the USA for the last 50 years, Viking cues have a history of excellent construction. If you’re in the market for an American-made cue, Viking is a great choice.
If you’ve never tried a Viking cue, we’ve got you covered with our video review and photos of the Viking A261 from every angle. It’s almost like trying it out for yourself!
This cue has a threaded rubber bumper and a high-impact, modified acrylic butt cap. It has a dark burgundy butt plate and 100% Irish Linen pressed wrap. The burgundy coloring continues up through the forearm and up to the solid black collar.
The joint is a 5/16 x 18. The V-Pro shaft comes standard and includes a Le Pro tip.
How It Actually Plays:
V-Pro Shaft (13mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right at the 3″ mark.
eXactShot Shaft (12.75 mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.25″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right at the 2.75″ mark.
The A261 cue is a really good, entry-level cue with a nice, solid feel to it. This is a color cue and if you’re a fan of that dark, rich burgundy color, this is a great choice for you.
Tip: Le Pro – Ferrule: Viking SUPER Ferrule, capped and threaded onto the shaft – Wrap: 100% Irish Linen – Shaft: V PRO Hard Rock Maple (Aged 5 years) – Benefit: Extreme Control & Accuracy – Turnings: 9 to 11 turnings over 18 to 24 months – Taper: 12″ to 14″ Pro Taper – Finish: Ultra-violet Urethane 3 coat finish – Forearm: Northwoods Maple – Joint: High Impact Black (IMA), flat faced with a brass insert – Pin: Viking 5/16 x 18 Quick Release, Stainless Steel – ButtPlate: High Impact Modified Acrylic with Viking Logo – Bumper: Threaded Rubber – Warranty: Lifetime, including warpage