The Predator Throne series of cues are crafted for players who like a bit of visual flair in their cue. When you pull out a Throne cue at a game, people will take notice.
When you combine the high-performance construction of a C4 butt with a low-deflection shaft like the 314 3 or Z 3 the ultimate result is one fantastic pool cue.
If you’ve never had the chance to actually try a Predator Throne cue, view our Select Billiards Hands-On Video Review and exclusive Select Billiards Photos of the Throne 5 cue. It’s like trying it out for yourself!
Select Billiards’ Video Review:
This cue features a highly-polished, crown buttcap with alternating Silver and Micarta rings. The handle has a beautiful crossing-diamond design featuring inlaid Curly Maple, Cocobolo, and Snakewood. The wrap is Predator’s special luxe leather. More of the crossing-diamond design continues on up the forearm.
The joint is a Uni-Loc which makes for incredibly easy set up and tear-down. The installed tip is a Predator Victory tip.
How It Actually Plays:
- 314 3 Shaft(12.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with soft speed, the ball hit the far rail at about the .75″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium speed, the ball hit the far rail at the 1.25″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm speed, the ball hit the far rail at the 1.75″ mark.
- Z 3 Shaft(11.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with soft speed, the ball hit the far rail at about the .5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium speed, the ball hit the far rail right around the .75″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with firm speed, the ball hit the far rail right around 1.25″ mark.
This is a great performing cue with a beautiful design. The inlay work is reminiscent of 1960’s bowling alley motifs and the materials used for it are completely gorgeous.
|Tip:||12.75mm Predator Victory Tip|
|Shaft:||29″ 314 3, Z3, or Vantage|
|Forearm:||Cocobolo, Snakewood, with Curly Maple, Ebony, and Micarta inlays|
|Sleeve:||Cocobolo, Snakewood, Curly Maple with Ebony and Micarta diamond inlays|
|Plate:||Crown Stainless Steel|
|Warranty:||Limited Lifetime Manufacturer|
|Weight Adjustable:||Yes, use Predator Weight Bolt Kit|