The Predator P3 series are absolutely made for serious players. One look at the P3LCN and you know it’s a precision piece of equipment. The two-color wood stylings run up the handle for an eye-catching masterpiece.
Predator P3 cues feature Predator’s patented lamination process in both their shafts AND the butt. The end result is a man-made grain unlike any other. This cue’s construction is as close to perfect as any company has ever achieved.
If you’ve never had the chance to actually try a Predator P3 Series cue, we’ve got you covered with our Hands-On Video Review and exclusive photos of the P3LCN from every angle. It’s the next best thing to trying it out for yourself!
Select Billiards’ Video Review:
The P3LCN features a chrome butt cap. The handle is composed of exotic Leopard and Curly Maple wood stripes. P3 cues feature Predator’s patented lamination technology in the handle, which means that the cue is actually comprised of several individual pieces of wood, assembled together to create perfect man-made grain. The Leopard and Curly Maple wood continues all the way through the forearm, up to the joint, which matches the butt’s chrome finish. The cue features a Uni-Loc joint system
This cue comes standard with a 314² shaft, which is a 12.75mm shaft with a pro taper. A Z² shaft, which is 11.75mm, is also available if you prefer a narrower shaft. The tip is a laminated Everest Tip which is standard for just about every Predator shaft.
How It Actually Plays:
- 314² Shaft(12.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about 1″, maybe 1 1/4″ inch.
- Hitting the ball with a medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at the 2″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail at the 3″ mark.
- Z² Shaft(11.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail a little under the 1″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a medium hit, the ball hit the far rail just a little over the 1″ mark but less than 2″.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right around 2.5″ mark.
The P3LCN is one of those cues that always attracts attention; it’s simply beautiful. I love the no-wrap because it really sticks to your hand well. You can not go wrong with this cue.
Tip: 12.75mm Tiger Everest Tip | Ferrule: MaxLite(TM) | Shaft: 3142 shaft, 29″ long with a 15″ pro taper, spliced hard rock maple | Collar: Stanless Steel | Joint: Stainless steel | Pin: Uni-loc | Wrap: None | Plate: Stainless Steel | Bumper: Black rubber |