The Predator P3 series are clearly designed for serious players. One look at the P3BN and you know it’s a finely crafted instrument. The high-gloss black Maple is nicely set against the chrome details for a clean, modern look.
Predator P3 cues feature Predator’s patented lamination process in both their shafts AND the butt. The end result is a man-made grain unlike any other. This cue’s construction is as close to perfect as any company has ever achieved.
If you’ve never had the chance to actually try a Predator P3 Series cue, we’ve got you covered with our Hands-On Video Review and exclusive photos of the P3BN from every angle. It’s the next best thing to trying it out for yourself!
Select Billiards’ Video Review:
The P3BN features a chrome butt cap. The handle is Maple with a metallic black finish and a grey matted stripe throughout. P3 cues feature Predator’s patented lamination technology in the handle, which means that the cue is actually comprised of several individual pieces of wood, assembled together to create perfect man-made grain. The black Maple continues all the way through the forearm, up to the joint, which matches the butt’s chrome finish. The cue features a Uni-Loc joint system
This cue comes standard with a 314² shaft, which is a 12.75mm shaft with a pro taper. A Z² shaft, which is 11.75mm, is also available if you prefer a narrower shaft. The tip is a laminated Everest Tip which is standard for just about every Predator shaft.
How It Actually Plays:
- 314² Shaft(12.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about 1″, maybe 1 1/4″ inch.
- Hitting the ball with a medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at the 2″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail at the 3″ mark.
- Z² Shaft(11.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail a little under the 1″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a medium hit, the ball hit the far rail just a little over the 1″ mark but less than 2″.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right around 2.5″ mark.
The P3BN is an awesome looking cue. This cue has a clean, black styling which is ideal for a player who doesn’t want a really flashy cue. Of course, it’s a Predator P3 cue so you know it plays phenomenally.
Tip: 12.75mm Tiger Everest Tip | Ferrule: MaxLite(TM) | Shaft: 3142 shaft, 29″ long with a 15″ pro taper, spliced hard rock maple | Collar: Stanless Steel | Joint: Stainless steel | Pin: Uni-loc | Wrap: None | Plate: Stainless Steel | Bumper: Black rubber |