The Predator IKON Series is among the finest pool cues a player would ever hope to own. When you reach a certain point in your skill, you owe it to yourself to have a cue that reflects that confidence. The IKON 2 is exactly that kind of cue.
If you’ve ever held an IKON series pool cue, then you already know how incredibly balanced it feels. The geniuses at Predator have cracked the code of creating the world’s most perfect pool cues; the IKON definitely falls into that category.
If you’ve never had the chance to actually try a Predator IKON 2 cue, we’ve got you covered with the Select Billiards Hands-On Video Review and exclusive Select Billiards Photos of the IKON 2 from every angle. It’s the next best thing to trying it out for yourself!
Select Billiards’ Video Review:
This cue features a Curly Maple butt sleeve along with a Charcoal Gray stain. The wrap is Predator’s own Leather Luxe wrap which feels great in your hand. The forearm also features the same curly maple with the Charcoal Grey stain.
This cue comes features a stainless steel joint with a Uni-Loc pin. It comes stock with a 314² shaft, which is a 12.75mm shaft with a pro taper. The IKON series of cues also have the option of shipping with A Z² shaft, which is 11.75mm or a 314² FAT shaft, which is 13.2mm. Be sure to watch Select Billiards’ Cue Overview video for more information about the different shaft types. The installed tip is an Tiger Everest Tip which is standard for just about every Predator shaft.
How It Actually Plays:
- 314² Shaft (12.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with slow speed, the ball hit the far rail at about 1″, maybe 1 1/4″ inch.
- Hitting the ball with medium speed, the ball hit the far rail at the 2″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm speed, the ball hit the far rail at the 3″ mark.
- Z² Shaft (11.75mm)
- Hitting the ball with slow speed, the ball hit the far rail a little under the 1″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium speed, the ball hit the far rail just a little over the 1″ mark but less than 2″.
- Hitting the ball with firm speed, the ball hit the far rail right around 2.5″ mark.
- 314 FAT ² Shaft (13.2 mm)
- Hitting the ball with slow speed, the ball hit the far rail a little over the 1″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium speed, the ball hit the far rail at right about the 2″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with firm speed, the ball hit the far rail right a tiny bit over the 2.5″ mark.
This is truly a great “all around” cue. It’s got a beautiful design that’s equally appealing to both male and female players. Play-wise, it’s suitable for both beginners and advanced players. It’s an Entry Level cue for the Predator line. You really can’t go wrong with this cue.
Style: Black Curly Maple with a Charcoal Grey Stain/ UL Leather Luxe Wrap
Ikon Series Description: Prepare for total domination with the IKON 2nd Generation. From the advanced C4+ technology and Uni-Loc® Adjustable Weight System to exotic woods in striking patterns, each of the nine cues is bolder than the next. At the peak of style and performance sits IKON2 9 – the MyKon Design Competition, a stunning cue made of turquoise inlays and Gabon Ebony.