Outlaw cues are reliable and feature solid construction. They combine a no-nonsense style with the branded-wood appearance that many players appreciate when looking for a pool cue. If you like to show off your cue’s all-natural wood construction, this one’s for you.
This is a quality cue at a reasonable price. It’s not going to play exactly like a high-end Predator shaft that costs more than your last 4 car payments, but it is going to hit the ball well and let you keep your focus on the game, where it belongs.
If you’ve never had the chance to actually try an Outlaw cue, we’ve got you covered with the Select Billiards Hands-On Video Review and exclusive Select Billiards Photos of the OL09 from every angle. It’s the next best thing to trying it out for yourself!
Select Billiards’ Video Review:
This cue has a metal butt cap and the butt plate features a 45 Caliber chamber with revolvers around it, all branded directly into the wood by a blowtorch. The grip is a stacked leather-wrap which helps you to always have a strong grip on your cue, regardless of how sweaty your hands get.
The forearm of this cue sees the more of the 45 Caliber chamber branding, further notice to your opponent that you’re “locked and loaded”. The cue is joined together with a stainless steel collar and a 3/8 – 10 pin connector. The shaft is a standard Maple shaft with a Triangle tip.
How It Actually Plays:
- Standard Outlaw Shaft (13mm)
- Hitting the ball with a slow hit, the ball hit the far rail at almost the 2″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a medium hit, the ball hit the far rail right around the 3″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail just a tiny bit over the 3″ mark.
The OL09 is a great cue, especially for the money. It features a unique, some would say “Westerny” look to it. The stacked leather wrap grips well to your hand. This is a nice looking cue and it’s a great value for just about anybody.
• Tip – 13mm Triangle Tip • Ferrule – 1″ Ivorine III Ferrule • Shaft – 29″ Hard Rock Maple • Taper – 10-12″ Pro Taper • Joint – 5/16 X 18″ Stainless Steel • Forearm – Hard Rock Maple w/ .45 Bullet Chamber Design Branded By Hand Using a Blowtorch • Butt Sleeve – Hard Rock Maple w/ .45 Bullet Chamber Design Branded By Hand Using a Blowtorch • Stain – Brown Stained • Wrap – Stacked Saddle Leather Wrap • Butt Plate – Stainless Steel w/ Outlaw Imprinted