Viking gives you a whole lot of choices when it comes to how your cue looks. Their cues are always visually striking and stylish. You really can’t go wrong with a Viking cue.
Viking cues have been made in the US for the last 50 years so they have a history of excellent construction. If you’re looking to own an American-made cue, Viking is a solid choice.
If you’ve never tried a Viking cue, we’ve got you covered with our video review and photos of the Viking A501 from every angle. It’s almost like trying it out for yourself!
This cue has a threaded rubber bumper and twelve New Guinea Vermillion, Birdseye Maple, West African Ebony, Brazilian Tulip Wood inlays in the butt. The wrap is a double-pressed Irish Linen. The forearm features more of this beautiful inlays as seen in the butt.
The joint is a 5/16 x 18. The ViKORE shaft comes standard and includes a Tiger Everest tip
How It Actually Plays:
ViKore Shaft (13mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.75″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right between the 2.75″ and 3″ marks.
eXactShot Shaft (12.75 mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.25″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right at the 2.75″ mark.
This is a beautiful cue. The Irish linen wrap has a little bit of texture which feels good in your hand. The woods used for the inlays are simply beautiful, especially that Brazilian Tulip Wood.
Tip: Everest® Laminated – Ferrule: Viking SUPER Ferrule, capped and threaded onto the shaft – Wrap: 100% Irish Linen – Shaft: ViKORE Hard Rock Maple (Aged 5 years) – Benefit: Extreme Control & Accuracy – Turnings: 9 to 11 turnings over 18 to 24 months – Taper: 12″ to 14″ Pro Taper – Finish: Ultra-violet Urethane 3 coat finish – Forearm: West African Ebony – Joint: High Impact Black (IMA), flat faced with a brass insert – Pin: Viking 5/16 x 18 Quick Release, Stainless Steel – ButtPlate: High Impact Modified Acrylic with Viking Logo – Bumper: Threaded Rubber – Warranty: Lifetime, including warpage