Viking offers a nearly unheard-of selection of pool cues from which to choose. Their cues are always very eye-catching and stylish. You really can’t go wrong with a Viking cue.
Viking cues have been made in Wisconsin for the last 50 years so they have a history of excellent construction. If you’re looking to own an American-made cue, Viking is a solid choice.
If you’ve never tried a Viking cue, we’ve got you covered with our video review and photos of the Viking A434 from every angle. It’s almost like trying it out for yourself!
This cue has a threaded rubber bumper and a 20 black IMA and green Pearl inlays throughout. This is a no-wrap cue and wood used throughout is a khaki-stained Birdseye Maple. More black and green inlays are seen in the forearm.
The joint is a 5/16 x 18 Viking quick release joint. The ViKore shaft comes standard and includes a Everest tip.
How It Actually Plays:
ViKore Shaft (13mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.75″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right between the 2.75″ and 3″ marks.
eXactShot Shaft (12.75 mm)
- Hitting the ball with a soft hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 1.5″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with medium hit, the ball hit the far rail at about the 2.25″ mark.
- Hitting the ball with a firm hit, the ball hit the far rail right at the 2.75″ mark.
The A434 cue is a beautiful cue. This is a no wrap cue so it sticks well to hand. The standard ViKORE shaft plays well. There aren’t too many inlays on this cue and the result is a beautiful cue.
Tip: Everest® Laminated – Ferrule: Viking SUPER Ferrule, capped and threaded onto the shaft – Wrap: None – Shaft: ViKORE Hard Rock Maple (Aged 5 years) – Benefit: Extreme Control & Accuracy – Turnings: 9 to 11 turnings over 18 to 24 months – Taper: 12″ to 14″ Pro Taper – Finish: Ultra-violet Urethane 3 coat finish – Forearm: Select Birdseye Maple – Joint: High Impact Ivory (IMA), flat faced with a brass insert – Pin: Viking 5/16 x 18 Quick Release, Stainless Steel – ButtPlate: High Impact Ivory (IMA) with Viking Logo – Bumper: Threaded Rubber – Warranty: Lifetime, including warpage